Thursday, June 25, 2015

*Review* Nasoya Pasta Zero- Shirataki Spaghetti

How they were shipped to me.


I decided to prepare two dishes with Nasoya Pasta Zero. The bags are on the smallish side and I barely had enough for one serving per dish. I did a little research and found that a bag of these goes for a little over 2 bucks, so they are also a bit expensive. If I intended to make a meal for my entire family of 4, it would take 3 to 4 of them. They are slightly hard to find, I recommend using their website to locate store near you that sale them. You can find that link here.

In regards to preparation, these noodles were super easy. They come pre-cooked, so all you have to do is drain and rinse them in a colander and choose your method of cooking. You can eat them directly after you rinse them or you can boil them in water/warm in the microwave for only 2 minutes.
Up close view of packaging

 If you look close in this photo you see that the noodles are floating in some type of water like fluid. The package recommends that you rinse and drain the noodles well and that the fluid will have an "earthy" smell. That smell freaked me out, it smelled like dirt. The first image that popped in my head was earth worms in the dirt. Not the best first impression for something I'm about to eat, I know. 

I'm not sure if the smell was the real reason behind why I didn't like these noodles or if it was their actual taste. They didn't really have a flavor, more of a bland taste really. I noticed that chickpea flour was listed as a main ingredient, I also happen to really really dislike chickpeas. So maybe it was a combination of different things that resulted to my disappointment.



 Above is a photo of my attempt at a traditional pasta dish made in my house, Chicken Spaghetti. It's pretty simple to make and is similar to a recipe listed on the Nasoya website.


 I also came up with a recipe that could incorporate Nasoya Pasta Zero noodles. (pictured above) I called it Hele's Spaghetti Summer-Fling Salad. You can find the recipe here.  I made this dish with normal spaghetti noodles as well and I enjoyed it. It's quick and simple.


*I received this product to test and review from +Influenster  but that all opinions are my own. I have not been paid for my review. *

No comments:

Post a Comment